Want to deepen your faith, expand your perspective and experience true servant leadership? Join Monadnock Staff for “Encounter 2.0”, a missions trip experience that takes the principles from Encounter Winter Camps and directly applies it to how we serve our community, nation and world. This trip is open only to those teens who attended Encounter 2018 Winter Camp at Monadnock Christian Ministries.
The purpose of this trip is to provide students with an opportunity for greater growth in their walk with God through intensive Bible teaching, training, servant leadership and a hands on encounter in a developing country. Each day will be filled with challenges and opportunities to put into action the biblical principles you are being taught. You will interact with orphans, former slaves and Haitian believers and non-believers. Here is your chance to take a giant step of faith and be a part of growing the Kingdom of God.
The application process to join these teams will begin on January 22nd.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
[accordiongroup][accordion title=”What about the political situation? Is it safe?”]Our decision to go will be based on advice from our hosts, other missionaries in Haiti and the U.S. State Department. We will do our best to ensure your safety and the proper completion of our trip and objectives. Each team is registered with the U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince.[/accordion][accordion title=”Do you have a minimum age for a trip?”]Yes, the minimum age for Encounter 2.0 is 13. We do take into account the maturity of the individual based on the pastoral recommendation and the application. [/accordion][accordion title=”Do I need a reference?”]Yes, we require a reference from a pastor or youth leader that knows you well. It is a simple online form located on our website.[/accordion][accordion title=”If I am accepted, what will be required?”]1. Meet all financial deadlines
2. Attend the orientation
3. Passport (additional cost. This is about $100)
4. Medical form (Doctor’s appointment not necessary)
5. If under 18 at the time of the trip, your parents must sign a consent form
6. Immunizations are not required but we do recommend them. For specifics,
we suggest wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/haiti.htm.[/accordion][accordion title=”What about cost and fundraising?”]1. The total trip cost is $2100. This is all-inclusive.
2. We will provide a personal online platform for you to customize and send to friends and family through email and social media to help with raising funds.[/accordion][accordion title=”What will we do, where will we stay?”]Each day we will have intensive teaching building on the theme of Encounter Winter Weekend. You will have daily opportunity to put into practice what you have learned as you interact with Haitians and their culture. Our goal is to minister in many different ways in urban and rural contexts. We stay at the Love in Motion ministry center and other guest houses approved by Love in Motion.[/accordion][accordion title=”What are the dates to know and remember?”]• Applications open on January 22nd • Applications close on March 23rd
• $500 deposit due on by April 13th
• Final payment due by June 1st
• Orientation May 5 at Monadnock Christian Ministries[/accordion]